As the national economy continues to slowly improve, industry outlooks and attitudes indicate recovery of the construction industry steadily continues. A quick comparison from CDI numbers from 3rd Quarter 2011 with the 3rd Quarter 2012 numbers indicate that overall optimism has increased as we look toward the next six months. Construction Data Company has released […]
- Top 10 Largest Construction Project Starts in Canada and Trend Graph – June 2017 July 24, 2017The accompanying table records the 10 largest construction project starts in Canada in June 2017. Also included is the latest trend graph on starts. This looks at 12-month moving totals of the civil and non-residential building categories in Canada. There are several reasons for highlighting upcoming large projects. Such jobs have often received a fair […]
- ConstructConnect’s Hot Projects – July 24, 2017 July 24, 2017Listed below are ConstructConnect’s Hot Commercial Construction Projects for the week of July 17 – 21, 2017. Our Hot Projects showcases three currently bidding or sub-bidding projects from all 50 states and the District of Columbia pulled from our extensive database of construction leads. Alabama Cook Out / Huntsville Location: Huntsville, AL Building Use: Restaurant […]
- Infographic: U.S. and Canadian Retail Sales – Strong Jobs Growth Driving Consumer Spending July 21, 2017Due to its complexity, much of the subject matter concerning the economy requires detailed editorial commentary, often supported by relevant tables and graphs. The post Infographic: U.S. and Canadian Retail Sales – Strong Jobs Growth Driving Consumer Spending appeared first on ConstructConnect.com.
- Wearables Are Helping Make Construction Sites Safer July 21, 2017As technology adoption continues to ramp up in the construction industry, one area getting a lot of attention is improving safety. A strong emphasis is on using wearables to monitor workers and their environment to make jobsite safer. Wearable tech in construction is being embedded into apparel and personal protective equipment (PPE) already common on […]
- Architecture Billings Notches Fifth-Straight Month of Growth in June July 19, 2017The Architecture Billings Index (ABI) recorded its fifth consecutive month of growth in billings in June according to the latest report from the American Institute of Architects (AIA). June’s score of 54.2 was up from May’s score of 53.0 and the second highest score of the year, just under March’s 54.3. With the exception of […]
Construction site theft is a major issue plaguing the construction industry. From building materials to tools to heavy equipment, construction site theft is an industry wide epidemic. In addition to the direct costs of replacing the stolen goods, there is also the indirect cost due to increased insurance premiums, rental costs to replace stolen equipment […]
About Our Blog
The mission of Construction Data’s Building Blocks Blog is to keep you informed by bringing you the latest news, insights, trends and legislation affecting the commercial construction industry. Our blog covers a wide range of topics from the most recent construction spending and employment data to the latest construction software, technology and apps to better run your business to construction safety tips to prevent accidents at the jobsite.
Our blog is home to the Construction Data Index (CDI), a premier user-based, forward-looking economic indicator for the commercial construction industry. This forecast tool reflects the future outlook of general contractors, subcontractors and building material suppliers. Our CDI survey polls industry professionals on how their commercial construction business is doing now relative to six months ago and how they see their business doing six months in the future. The CDI report is compiled quarterly to gauge the state of the commercial construction industry.
We also provide localized coverage of the commercial construction industry with our Hot Projects and our Bidding Landscapes series. Our weekly Hot Projects report showcases three of the most searched bidding and sub-bidding opportunities from each state in our coverage area by our clients in our Lead Manager database. Our Bidding Landscapes are compiled monthly and deliver an in-depth look at construction bidding in the various regions in our coverage area with breakdowns between publicly and privately funded projects and which industries are doing the most construction.