(Vero Beach, Fla. – February 8, 2013) — To help its commercial construction users turn warm leads into signed contracts, commercial construction leads provider CDCNews has upgraded its popular Lead Manger™ tool with two new applications — My Data Export™ and Invitation To Bid Pro™. Both features allow for the integration of CDCNews’ data with […]
- ConstructConnect’s Hot Projects – January 22, 2018 January 22, 2018Listed below are ConstructConnect’s Hot Commercial Construction Projects for the week of January 15 – 19, 2018. Our Hot Projects showcases three currently bidding or sub-bidding projects from all 50 states and the District of Columbia pulled from our extensive database of construction leads. Alabama Love’s Travel Stop – LMS Addition #466 / Jasper – […]
- 13 Mid-January Economic Nuggets January 17, 2018According to the ‘headline’ number (4.1%) released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the U.S. economy is now operating close to full employment. And there is widespread delight over the smorgasbord of tax cuts recently made available to corporations and individuals. In the stock markets, there are presently few curbs on the enthusiasm of […]
- 7 Winter Weather Construction Safety Tips January 17, 2018Construction doesn’t stop when winter weather strikes, so it’s important to know what steps to take to keep your workers warm and safe. As another major winter storm is starting to impact areas of the country this week with snow and ice accumulation, it’s a good time to review some safety tips for keeping your […]
- 20 Major Upcoming Oil & Gas and Electric Power & Communications Construction Projects – Canada – January 2018 January 15, 2018The accompanying table shows 20 of the largest upcoming Oil & Gas and Electric Power & Communications construction projects in Canada. They are all in the planning stage and are mainly new projects, but may also involve additions and/or alterations. Shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, medical buildings, educational buildings, government buildings, industrial projects, oil and […]
- 20 Major Upcoming Library and Museum Construction Projects – U.S. – January 2018 January 15, 2018The accompanying tables show 20 of the largest upcoming library and museum construction projects in the U.S. They are all in the planning stage and are mainly new projects, but may also involve additions and/or alterations. Shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, medical buildings, educational buildings, libraries and museums, sports and entertainment complexes, industrial projects and […]
Despite a typical seasonal decline in bids for projects like roadwork and sewer and water, the bidding landscape for January 2013 in the Northeast region offered many opportunities. This region covers the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. CDCNews reported on 1,803 construction projects that […]
Reverse auction bidding is an alternative contracting method that has been hotly debated over the past decade. A reverse auction works in much the same way as a traditional auction. In a traditional auction you have multiple buyers driving the cost up in order to have the highest bid, whereas in a reverse auction an […]
For centuries, technological advances have allowed the construction industry to develop stronger, cheaper and more durable building materials. These days, factors like sustainability, transportability and functionality are driving manufacturers to create innovative building materials. Imagine an office building whose exterior can clean the air around it or sidewalks that repair themselves when they are cracked. […]
With Congress not reaching an agreement to avoid the fiscal cliff until the eleventh hour, optimism for improvement in the construction industry for the first half of 2013 shrank compared to the previous quarter. Other industry indicators from 4th Quarter 2012 forecast growth for commercial construction in 2013. Construction Data Company has released the 4th […]
So you’re a general contractor bidding a project and you realize that the contract requires an MBE participation goal of 8% and aren’t sure where to turn. Maybe you’re a minority or woman owned company working in the realm of the construction industry and want to find more work. Today we’re going to take a […]
CDCNews doubles sales of online commercial construction plans, adds new markets (Vero Beach, Fla. – January 8, 2013) CDCNews Total Access Plans Online™ now serves clients in 19 states, plus Washington, D.C., with comprehensive, up-to-the-minute, verified bid information on commercial construction projects in their area. Total Access Plans Online is designed to save contractors time […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for Southeast region during the month of September 2012. This includes the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. CDCNews reported on 1,057 construction projects that bid during the previous month. Of those 1,057 projects, 725 were bid by the […]
There has been quite a bit of uncertainty in the transportation construction industry over the past few years. The Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU) was a bill to provide funding and authorization for federal surface transportation projects. The SAFETEA-LU law was enacted on August 10, 2005 and expired […]
Cleanup efforts in the wake of Superstorm Sandy are already well underway. A federal grant from the United States Department of Labor of nearly $47 million has been made available to hire unemployed workers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Rhode Island to assist in cleanup and reconstruction activities. FEMA is replacing out-of-state workers […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the construction bidding landscape for the Mid-Atlantic region during the month of November 2012. This region covers the states of Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. CDCNews reported on 1,264 construction projects that bid during the previous month. […]
The bidding landscape for the month of October 2012 in the Northeast region was full of activity. This region covers the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. CDCNews reported on 2,206 construction projects that bid during October in this region. Public sector bids accounted for […]
Rand Construction Corporation is an award-winning commercial general contractor headquartered in Washington, DC and has annual revenues exceeding $263 million. The company was founded by Linda Rabbitt in 1989, who also serves as the company’s CEO, and is the second largest woman-owned construction company in the United States. Jon Couch is president of Rand and […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for Southeast region during the month of September 2012. This includes the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. CDCNews reported on 1,225 construction projects that bid during the previous month. Of those 1,225 projects, 945 were bid by the […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for the Mid-Atlantic region during the month of September 2012. This region covers the states of Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. CDCNews reported on 1,465 construction projects that bid during the previous month. Of […]
About Our Blog
The mission of Construction Data’s Building Blocks Blog is to keep you informed by bringing you the latest news, insights, trends and legislation affecting the commercial construction industry. Our blog covers a wide range of topics from the most recent construction spending and employment data to the latest construction software, technology and apps to better run your business to construction safety tips to prevent accidents at the jobsite.
Our blog is home to the Construction Data Index (CDI), a premier user-based, forward-looking economic indicator for the commercial construction industry. This forecast tool reflects the future outlook of general contractors, subcontractors and building material suppliers. Our CDI survey polls industry professionals on how their commercial construction business is doing now relative to six months ago and how they see their business doing six months in the future. The CDI report is compiled quarterly to gauge the state of the commercial construction industry.
We also provide localized coverage of the commercial construction industry with our Hot Projects and our Bidding Landscapes series. Our weekly Hot Projects report showcases three of the most searched bidding and sub-bidding opportunities from each state in our coverage area by our clients in our Lead Manager database. Our Bidding Landscapes are compiled monthly and deliver an in-depth look at construction bidding in the various regions in our coverage area with breakdowns between publicly and privately funded projects and which industries are doing the most construction.