Welcome to the first of what will be an ongoing series of tutorials, tips, tricks and techniques for customers of CDCNews’ Lead Manager database to maximize your use of our system so you never miss out on bidding opportunities in your coverage area. Building A Saved Search To set up a Saved Search, click on […]
- 13 Mid-January Economic Nuggets January 17, 2018According to the ‘headline’ number (4.1%) released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the U.S. economy is now operating close to full employment. And there is widespread delight over the smorgasbord of tax cuts recently made available to corporations and individuals. In the stock markets, there are presently few curbs on the enthusiasm of […]
- 7 Winter Weather Construction Safety Tips January 17, 2018Construction doesn’t stop when winter weather strikes, so it’s important to know what steps to take to keep your workers warm and safe. As another major winter storm is starting to impact areas of the country this week with snow and ice accumulation, it’s a good time to review some safety tips for keeping your […]
- 20 Major Upcoming Oil & Gas and Electric Power & Communications Construction Projects – Canada – January 2018 January 15, 2018The accompanying table shows 20 of the largest upcoming Oil & Gas and Electric Power & Communications construction projects in Canada. They are all in the planning stage and are mainly new projects, but may also involve additions and/or alterations. Shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, medical buildings, educational buildings, government buildings, industrial projects, oil and […]
- 20 Major Upcoming Library and Museum Construction Projects – U.S. – January 2018 January 15, 2018The accompanying tables show 20 of the largest upcoming library and museum construction projects in the U.S. They are all in the planning stage and are mainly new projects, but may also involve additions and/or alterations. Shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, medical buildings, educational buildings, libraries and museums, sports and entertainment complexes, industrial projects and […]
- Top 10 Largest Construction Project Starts in Canada and Trend Graph – December 2017 January 15, 2018The accompanying table records the 10 largest construction project starts in Canada in December 2017. Also included is the latest trend graph on starts. This looks at 12-month moving totals of the civil and non-residential building categories in Canada. There are several reasons for highlighting upcoming large projects. Such jobs have often received a fair […]
Greetings All, Our Building Blocks blog has been up and running for a couple of weeks now and I wanted to take a moment to welcome everyone who has been reading it so far and provide a brief overview on the types of posts we will be bringing you in the future. The purpose of […]
Listed below are CDCNews’ Hot Projects for the week of April 1 – 5, 2013. Our Hot Projects showcases three projects from each state in our coverage area and are selected from the most viewed projects in CDCNews’ Lead Manager database by our customers. Connecticut Sacred Heart University School of Business Location: Fairfield, CT Industry […]
Part I: Finding the Right Work Introduction CDCNews (www.cdcnews.com) has teamed with Matt Stevens of the Stevens Construction Institute (www.stevensci.com) to bring CDCNews’ readers a series of executive briefs titled Bidding Insights. These executive briefs are not meant to be a step-by-step guide to bidding; nor are they designed to be an instructional guide as […]
What I am hearing from our customers. Chatting with customers is an important and fun part of what I do as President at Construction Data Company and these days they are consistently telling me one thing: The Great Recession Is Over! While their business may not be booming, yet, they are absolutely seeing real signs […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for the Southeast region from January to March 2013. This includes the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. CDCNews reported on 4,335 construction projects that had a bid date between January 1st and March 31st. Of those 4,335 projects, […]
Listed below are CDCNews’ Hot Projects for the week of March 25 – 29, 2013. Our Hot Projects showcases three projects from each state in our coverage area and are selected from the most viewed projects in CDCNews’ Lead Manager database by our customers. Connecticut United Community & Family Services Renovation & Addition Location: Norwich, […]
Construction sites are one of the most dangerous workplaces in the country. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), “nearly 6.5 million people work at approximately 252,000 construction sites on any given day. The fatal injury rate for the construction industry is higher than the national average in this category for all industries.” […]
Do you ever get stuck in road construction traffic on your daily commute and wonder why it seems like they’ve been repaving the same half-mile stretch of road for years? I know I have. I’m also the first to complain when the roads on my daily route start to deteriorate and the potholes grow large […]
(Vero Beach, Fla. – March 13, 2013) — Designed to let contractors do more with proprietary project data, commercial construction leads provider CDCNews has added the Commercial Construction Market Intelligence™(CCMI™) application to its popular Lead Manger™ tool. CCMI provides historical data on projects in local markets, as well as gives CDCNews users unprecedented insight into […]
A recent report from the American Society of Civil Engineers states nearly $2.75 trillion will need to be invested in U.S. infrastructure by 2020. With only 60 percent of that amount expected to be funded, federal and state agencies are tasked with finding ways to bridge the $1.1 trillion gap. Public-Private Partnerships (P3s) could be […]
Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for the Mid-Atlantic region during the month of February 2013. This region covers the states of Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. CDCNews reported on 1,441 construction projects that bid during the previous month. Of […]
Whether you have a construction fleet of five or 500, the key to keeping your company’s vehicles and heavy equipment operational is implementing an effective preventive maintenance program. The average cost for a piece of heavy equipment is over $20,000. Depending on how many pieces of equipment your company owns, a large percentage of your […]
What is LEED? LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, was developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) which began certifying projects in 2000 to promote green construction. LEED certification is administered by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) which provides independent, third-party verification based on five categories: Sustainable Sites, Water Efficiency, […]
Two decades in the making, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) is expected to make a final rule regarding confined spaces in construction. The final rule is expected to be issued in July and came about as a result of a settlement agreement in 1993 between OSHA and the United Steelworkers of America that required […]
About Our Blog
The mission of Construction Data’s Building Blocks Blog is to keep you informed by bringing you the latest news, insights, trends and legislation affecting the commercial construction industry. Our blog covers a wide range of topics from the most recent construction spending and employment data to the latest construction software, technology and apps to better run your business to construction safety tips to prevent accidents at the jobsite.
Our blog is home to the Construction Data Index (CDI), a premier user-based, forward-looking economic indicator for the commercial construction industry. This forecast tool reflects the future outlook of general contractors, subcontractors and building material suppliers. Our CDI survey polls industry professionals on how their commercial construction business is doing now relative to six months ago and how they see their business doing six months in the future. The CDI report is compiled quarterly to gauge the state of the commercial construction industry.
We also provide localized coverage of the commercial construction industry with our Hot Projects and our Bidding Landscapes series. Our weekly Hot Projects report showcases three of the most searched bidding and sub-bidding opportunities from each state in our coverage area by our clients in our Lead Manager database. Our Bidding Landscapes are compiled monthly and deliver an in-depth look at construction bidding in the various regions in our coverage area with breakdowns between publicly and privately funded projects and which industries are doing the most construction.