Steel Square.

« Back to Dictionary Index

A carpenter tool which establishes a right angle between two components; the large arm of the square is called the Body or Blade; the smaller arm, at a 90 degree angle to the blade, is called the Tongue; the point where the outside edges of the blade and tongue join is called the Heel; the surface with the manufacturer’s name is called the Face; the opposite surface is called the Back.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply