A Look Back on the Month of December in the Southeast Region

Today we are going to take a look back at the bidding landscape for Southeast region during the month of September 2012. This includes the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. CDCNews reported on 1,057 construction projects that bid during the previous month.  Of those 1,057 projects, 725 were bid by the public sector and 332 were private sector projects.

Of those 725 public projects, 242 were classified as General Building, 129 were Specialty Trades, 340 were Heavy/Highway and 128 were Water & Sewer projects.  Of the 242 General Building projects, 47 total projects, involved new construction.

sedecpub

On the private sector side of the 332 projects reported out to bid last month, 213 were either renovations, alterations or fit outs of existing structures. Of the remaining projects, 128 involved new construction or additions.

If we break the private sector down by industry type we find 73% of those private sector jobs were for the Retail Industry. The remaining industries combined accounted for 27% of the projects with the highest being the Residential and Medical Industry at 6% each.

sedecpri

Following is a sampling of the projects that bid in December for the Southeast region:

The UNC School of the Arts took bids for a 30,000 GSF Film Production Design Facility. The new facility was designed by BBH Design out of Raleigh, NC and will include classrooms, drafting studios, molding and modeling shops and studios and advanced graphic studios. JM Thompson Company out of Cary, NC was the apparent low bidder with an amount of $8 million.

Bids were received on December 5th for the Village at North Elm Apartments in Greensboro, NC. The 100-unit apartment building will encompass 133,000 SF and include five garages. The project is being developed by Koury Corporation out of Greensboro and the architect on the project was Triad Design Group out of Winston Salem.

The Design-Builder, Parkway Construction & Associates of Lewisville, TX, took subcontractor pricing for all trades for the construction of a Chuy’s Restaurant that will be located on Woodruff Road in Greenville, SC.

Leitner Construction of Rock Hill, SC was the apparent low bidder on the new elementary school for the Fort Mill School District in Fort Mill, SC. The 120,000 SF school was designed by AAG Associates out of Beaufort, SC and the Construction Manager on the project is Cummings/SMG.

Bids were received from selected bidders for the Prince Chevrolet-Buick-Cadillac Dealership in Albany, GA. Westall Architects out of Atlanta designed the 32,000 SF building which will feature a showroom, sales floor and maintenance garage.

Georgia Development Partners out of Atlanta was the apparent low bidder for the 59-acre Etowah River Park for Cherokee County. The project was designed by HDR Engineering out of Atlanta.

The Florida DOT received bids for the widening of State Road 5 to six lanes from a point north of Pine Street to Cidco Road. Astaldi Construction Corporation out of Davie, FL was the apparent low bidder with an amount just under $30 million.

Ultimate Software Group took bids for the conversion of a 152,000 SF warehouse into offices to house their global headquarters in Weston, FL. The architect for the project was Synalovski Romanik Saye out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.

If you would like to learn more about currently bidding opportunities in your area, please visit us at www.cdcnews.com.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply